A manual tile cutter is a mechanical tool used by tile installers to cut straight lines into ceramic and porcelain tiles. Manual cutters tend to be portable, lightweight, and easy to use, with limited training required to operate the tool. When choosing the manual cutter that is right for you – ensure that it is compact, has sturdy railings, a carbide cutting wheel, as well as the ability to cut at an angle.
ADVANTAGES OF MANUAL TILE CUTTERS
- Inexpensive compared to electric tile cutters
- Limited experience and skill required to operate
WHO USES MANUAL TILE CUTTERS?
- Tiling professionals
- Construction contractors
- Interior finishing contractors
WHERE ARE MANUAL TILE CUTTERS USED?
- Small-scale renovation works
- Projects with a lot of straight cuts
- Projects where electric tile cutters cannot be used due to space or other limitations
HOW TO SAFELY USE MANUAL TILE CUTTERS?
- Place the tile in the cutter, score the tile, and use the breaker which will snap the tile along the score
- Choose a scoring wheel according to the material of the tile. Porcelain tiles are harder to cut and therefore a scoring wheel that cuts deeper is recommended.
- Using a harder or deeper scoring wheel for delicate materials like ceramic could damage the tile – and therefore a lighter wheel is recommended to cut through the tile.
AABTools is the exclusive distributor for Tiling Tools in the UAE. Shop now for manual tile cutters by RUBI at our retail stores across the United Arab Emirates in Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi.