An electric tile cutter, also known as wet saws, is a power tool that is ideal for tiling projects where manual tile cutters are ineffective. Electric cutters resemble table saws where the guide keeps the tile straight while a rotating diamond blade cuts the tile. Water sprays from around the cutting blade to ensure it remains cool, and to ensure that the tile does not get damaged or burnt. Electric tile cutter saw tables come with a water source or a water reservoir to help keep the cutting blades cool.
With the help of the guide, electric tile cutters cut tiles can make straight and precise cuts. With some of training and skill development, the user can also use the electric cutter to cut tiles into L-shaped and U-shaped cuts and cut inserts. The electric tile cutter is also essential to cut through tougher materials like natural stone, or if the scope of work requires mitre cut tiles.
Advantages of Electric Tile Cutters:
- Best for large projects.
- Cut all types of construction tiles materials
- Different types of cuts and with more precision
WHO USES MANUAL TILE CUTTERS?
- Tiling professionals
- Construction contractors
- Interior finishing contractors
WHERE ARE MANUAL TILE CUTTERS USED?
- Projects with intricate cuts
- Large scale projects
- Projects that use tougher tile construction materials
- Projects where there is sufficient availability of space
HOW TO SAFELY USE ELECTRIC TILE CUTTERS?
- To get started, the user must practice moving a saw to familiarize themselves with the appropriate pressure and movement
- Acquire professional training
- Wear appropriate PPE before starting any cutting work
- Asses the size and material to choose the right diamond blade for the best finishing
- Fill the water reservoir to an appropriate water level
- Make sure the area is well lit and free from clutter – when possible, work outdoors to avoid creating a mess
- Use a pencil to approximate your cuts, and set the guide at the appropriate degree and depth of cut
AABTools is the exclusive supplier of DeWalt and RUBI Tiling Tools in the UAE. Shop now for electric tile cutters by RUBI and DeWalt at our retail stores across the United Arab Emirates in Dubai, Sharjah, and Abu Dhabi.